It can be so overwhelming, can’t it? (Especially if it is all sitting in a pile on your floor.)
I taught this secret to my kids, and I want to share it with you.
- Divide your clothes into four groups: (1) Pants, (2) Tops, (3) Underwear and socks, (4) Anything else
- Pull out anything that is ALL WHITE and put it in it’s own pile.
- You should have four piles. Put them in four trash bags or baskets.
- Wash them one pile at a time. You can spread this out over a few days.
- Fold them and put them away. This should be easy because they are all the same type!
- Do it all again next week. (Argh. Where’s mom when you need her?)
What do you think of this process? Will you try it? Share your photos online! #grownupgirl
P.S. I found this really cool collapsible clothes basket online–perfect for small rooms!