“What one thing right now do you really, really want?” – Mary A. Hall
I was inspired to ask myself this question the other day after listening to Mary A. Hall.
She took me through a series of questions that took me to a beautiful “knowing” place of action. The result was a great, purposeful day.
Do you want to try it yourself?
It goes something like this:
1. Sit down and close your eyes for a minute. Take a deep breath and relax your body while you are breathing out. Try to be as still as you can for at least 30 seconds. Enjoy the time-out!
2. Are you remaining still? Are you starting to relax? If not, that’s okay but to really get to your unique “truth answers”, you need to be able to find a way to listen to your inner voice.
3. Ask yourself: “What is the one thing right now you really, really want?”
4. Listen for the answer. Do you hear it? Make sure you let your heart do the talking. If you find your head telling you what you SHOULD be wanting, stop and try again. Ask your heart what you really, really want right now. The answer should feel yummy and warm.
5. Now, ask yourself: “What would that thing you really, really want provide for you?” Again, ask your heart for the answer. Sit with the answer for a minute. How does that answer feel for you? Does it make you feel happy? Relaxed? Safe? Fulfilled? Hopefully all the above. If it feels bad, ask yourself why you feel you need to choose something that is not good for you, and start all over.
6. Next, ask yourself: “What would these good feelings provide for you?” For example, what would feeling relaxed provide for you? What would feeling safe provide for you? What would feeling fulfilled provide for you? Let your body tell you the answer.
7. Are you starting to feel really good right now? Feeling a little lighter? Feeling expansive? Hopefully so. Do you have a sense that all is possible yet? If so, terrific–you’ve made it! If not, keep listening for the answers and asking what that answer could provide for you. (Mary can help you further with this technique, if you need it.)
8. SO…do you believe that anything is possible right now? Do you believe that you control the choices in your life? Do you want to make good choices for you? Do you think you know what those good choices are?
9. Here’s the million dollar question:
If all was possible, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING?
AH! What would it be? Close your eyes and let your body tell you!
Got it? Does it feel good to you?
JUST DO IT!
That’s right, decide right here and now to spend time doing this sometime today.
And don’t forget to ENJOY it!