Do you know what the purpose of money is?
“Money allows you to invest in yourself.”
Let’s take a look at this deeper.
Everytime you spend money, you are making a CHOICE and each of thoses choices has a cost.
- Do you want to give your body energy and sustanance? You will need food.
- Do you want to protect your body from the elements? You will need clothing.
- Do you want to live in a shelter to protect you from the elements? You will need housing.
These choices are obviously the essentials of life.
What choices have you already made regarding these essentials of life? Do you:
- Choose healthy food that makes your feel light, invigorated, and alive? How much do you spend each day?
- Wear dependable, quality clothing that keeps you comfortable and feeling good? Do you have everything you need to feel completely dressed?
- Do you live in a safe, protected home with enough furnishings and appliances to live each day in a healthy and happy way?
What are your costs associated with these essentials of life?
- I pay $_____ a day on healthy food that makes me feel light, invigorated, and alive.
- My wardrobe is complete with the exception of the following items: _____
- I pay $_____ a day to live in a safe, protected home with enough furnishings and appliances to live each day in a healthy and happy way.
Take the time to calculate these costs. It may take a few days or weeks to track your spending and look at your bills to determine them. Doing so will help you begin determining the true cost of your life’s foundation.
Figure these things out, and you are on your way to determining the status of your wealth.